Thought for the day
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."
- Matthew 7:7-8
Applications are invited from suitable CSI candidates with the following qualifications for the post of the General Secretary of Women's Fellowship, CSI, having its office at Vishranthi Nilayam, No.18, Infantry Road, Bangalore - 560 001.
Applicants should be
· a member of Church of South India and a member of the Women's Fellowship, having sufficient knowledge of CSI and different dioceses of CSI
· a graduate of any recognized University with an additional degree in theology from a recognized University
· with a broader Ecumenical outlook and ecumenical experience.
· fluent in English and at least two South Indian languages
· a person of integrity and commitment, accountability with sound health and good trustworthy character.
· willing to travel extensively to the dioceses and project locations
· a single woman or a woman without encumbrances, between the age of 40 and 50 years at the time of appointment (applicable to both person on deputation or fresh appointment)
Responsibilities of the General Secretary, Women's Fellowship, CSI
· to Nurture and strengthen Women's Fellowship movement at the grass root level, diocesan level and at Synod level.
· to Nurture and strengthen the partnership relations between the Women's Fellowship of different dioceses and between the Women's Fellowship /Organizations of partner churches
· to co-ordinate various programmes, campaign in projects of the Women's Fellowship at various levels.
· to conceptualize, plan and organize programmes of the Women's Fellowship under the guidance of the Executive Committee of the Women's Fellowship and Executive Committee of the Synod.
· to plan conceptualize and write projects in order to raise funds from partner agencies.
· to prepare periodical reports to be submitted to the Executive Committee & Central Committee of Women's Fellowship and to the Executive Committee of the Synod
The period of appointment is 3 years and may be extended for a further period of 3 years.
Applications both hard and soft copy with 2 references and a letter from the Presbyter of the worshipping church, duly endorsed by the Bishop of the diocese shall reach by 20th March 2019 to:
The President of Women's Fellowship,
Women's Fellowship Secretariat, Vishranthi Nilayam, Infantry Road, Bengaluru - 560 001.
Email Id: email@example.comRead Next...
The aim of the Fellowship is to unite the women of the Church and to equip them for Christian witness and make them part of all the programmes of the Church. The Women's Fellowship has been one of the effective bodies of the Church of South India which works towards a meaningful ministry among the needy and poor, oppressed and the marginalized women and children. We as a body of women are 'called to serve' by promoting unity, fellowship and justice. We are also called to equip and empower women to become effective leaders in their families, church and society.
'Arise and Shine' is the Motto of the Women's Fellowship.
The following are some of the activities the Women's Fellowship units are involved at the grassroot level
Addressing the social issues.
Care of the elderly people and the orphan children.
Developing leadership to be one of the parts of the church.
To develop the communities of men and women.
Empowerment of young women to become economically independent.
Poor women upliftment programme.
Re-reading and understanding the Bible from women's perspective.
Caring for the sick and the disabled.
Fellowship of the Least Coin and World Day of Prayer.
Care & Counselling for HIV/AIDS People and their families.
Issue Based Bible Study, Leadership Training for rural pastors’ Wives, Bible Women, Women Missionaries and Missionaries Wives.
Food for All Campaign - “Handful of Rice Movement” Eradicating Hunger-role of women in Church Facilitating collective local responses.
The Women's Fellowship “Food For All” Campaign
In this campaign to combat poverty and hunger. The CSI Women's Fellowship will renew the practice of settling apart a “Handful of Rice” for the poor while cooking. The rice collected by this way will be used locally for combating hunger.
W.F. of Madhya Kerala Diocese
C.S.I. Bishop's House
Kottayam - 686 001, Kerala.
W.F. of Madurai Ramnad Diocese
OCPM Girls Hr. Secondary School
Madurai - 625 002.
Bangalore - 560 001.
'Susam' 453, HBR Layout
1st stage, II Block
9th Main, 6th Cross
Bangalore - 560 043.